Saturday, February 16, 2013

fox in the snow




 (apron made from vintage fabrics I found today at the Waldo Flea Market.) 



(box of vintage Valentine's Day cards.) 





(items purchased today: fabric flower ring, vintage postcard, vintage valentine, and a choker necklace.) 

(coat: thrifted, dress: thrifted, blouse: thrifted, tights: target, socks: thrifted, loafers: thrifted, rings: thrifted, charming charlies, & topshop.) 

   Brrr... winter was back on season today. The weather has been rather odd in the Midwest and the winter has been absent these past few months. A snowfall happened last night, but only to be awoken to a slight hint of the trace of snowflakes. I was quite disappointed the snow melted and the cold lingered without it. I must also say I have a little bit of a cold myself, which I probably missed the morning snow on the ground (as I tried to sleep as long as possible on my Saturday to help cure my sickness!) The good note is that I am feeling much greater after a much needed nine hours of sleep.
   With my Saturday, much like many others, I ventured to the Waldo Flea Market for the afternoon. After sleeping in and doing a morning of studying, I needed an advent out. I purchased some very lovely items (for extremely low costs). I am currently sitting at a coffee shop, drinking a pumpkin spice soy latte, and about to complete an essay. Yes, I am starting to believe college is taking over my free time of weekend. That is fine with me because I know I am becoming that much closer to be a teacher with every essay that I write. 

26 comments:

  1. oh goodness, I love old valentine's day cards. and also, those tights are beautiful. I own a similar pair and they're great. What awesome things you collected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfit! I love the earrings especially (:

    www.cremedelachic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is the sweetest little dress! I love the bow detail on the top so very much. Glad you're feeling better-sleep really does do wonders :) Hope school is going well for you-I remember being in that boat not long ago-but it's worth it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely outfit as always. I wish I could pull off a colored tights like you do.

    Love, Maria
    www.iammariabee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your little dress, it's the perfect shape! and that box of old valentines looks adorable, i'd love to find that somewhere and be able to rummage through them all.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, I love your tights and the way you've worn socks over them!
    I also love your dress :)

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion & Style
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute dress! That choker necklace looks rather cool !:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaww everything about this is so pretty! I love the dress and coat and the whole colour combo with tights, socks and shoes! So cuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your socks/tights combination, looks very cosy.
    Also, that card of the lady standing on the man's shoulders is pretty fantastic
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors of this outfit. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adddooooore your outfit... and the Waldo flea market! I haven't been there in so long (whenever I venture down to waldo, it's usually for just for pizza on a late Friday night!) I need to make a trip out there soon...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love looking your collections, and those earrings are so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures! I love the color of your tights and would really like to go to a flea market too :)!!! Somehow here I can't find any but at least I found a great vintage shop the other day ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. the choker necklace is crazy! the flea market looks like heaven xmoira

    ReplyDelete
  15. awwn thank you sweet lindsey! that's one of my favorites too :))
    and you always blow my mind with your adorable and unic style, i'm totally a fan of yours :)

    xx, sofia ♡
    sofiamotta.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dress is absolutely perfect, seriously. And I really love these photos. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your dress is divine! And I'm jealous of your vintage valentine - I want a huge collection of those beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Come to where I live in PA - winter is in full force here. There's snow practically every day :-) Absolutely love this outfit to bits! The mustard on mustard tones are so pretty & whimsical and yet another perfect vintage dress. Quite lovely flea market finds too!

    xo Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've such a great sense of style dear! Like it :)
    Simona

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this your outfits are so freaking cute!!! Sending love from New York City, hope you are well. Please follow me! & like me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Janice-Tran/348767021880027) ! I also recently entered a contest to be ELF Cosmetics new fresh face. Please vote for me here: http://www.exploremodeling.com/Casting/elfCosmetics2013/77855/Janice_Tran.aspx I so appreciate it! <3
    xx
    Janice
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your saturday sounds lovely! That dress is amazing! Loving the cut and print, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You found some great pieces- that necklace is so pretty! I love your layers!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...